Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday...

  • My health. I'm in relatively good health and I'm reminded of my good fortune on a daily basis through my girlfriend Mara, who gave birth (through a scheduled C-section) on her birthday yesterday to a healthy baby boy. Mara is an inspiration, this is her second child and while newly pregnant with said baby boy, she discovered yet another tumor (the double mastectomy over a year ago wasn't as successful as the doctor's had hoped). She has endured chemotherapy while pregnant, continues to be a wonderful wife and mother to her 2 year old baby girl Malia. Count your blessings people!
  • Upcoming travel plans (London & Paris) this June, YIPPEE!
  • For being fortunate enough to be born in the United States of America. Also, for the ability to love my country even with all its' faults and my determined hope that it will raise above current troubles and redeem itself.
  • My creativity. Gosh, I don't know how I would have made it this far if it weren't for that talent!

Unfortunately I currently do not have a home computer, so I look forward to posting and reading your posts on Monday.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Rad8love said...

We must be on the same wavelength because I was just thinking how fortunate I am to have been born in the U.S. I was listening to something yesterday, I forget what it was, but that thought was mentioned and I agree. The benefit carries some weight and responsibility that I want to live up to. Thanks for reminding me again.

And I'm glad Mara and baby are okay for the time being. That story is amazing - it is amazing what happens to people. I think people who suffer through big tragedies, especially health stuff, are getting a gift because they might then be able to understand their true capabilities of what they can endure. The human spirit is incredibly strong and sometimes it takes something big to realize it - I saw it with my parents. Not everyone gets the chance to come in contact with that. It sounds awful but I bet there are silver linings in her journey that none of us can imagine.