Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's day!

I love my son so much! What a blessing he has been. And continues to be.

Today I am grateful for all of the things motherhood has brought:

Healing of my relationship with my mom and deep understanding of what it was like for her and why she acted the way she did.

Opportuntites to work on my self in my relationship and to learn again how to take care of myself. I got good at it before I had a baby and partner and now I have to learn it all again.

The closeness I share with my baby.

Having a family. This has changed my life. Things that used to captivate my time are now unfufilling and that has been a struggle. Not having complete freedom to do what I want has also been a struggle. And being a mom is so challenging! I sometimes wonder what I was thinking, and then I think of what was before and I am so grateful for this reality.

And I am grateful for space to garden! And my neighbors and neighborhood and the universe taking care of me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: