Monday, July 30, 2007


Tonight I am grateful for finding a man who is patient and caring enough to deal with a crazy woman and who reassures me that every thing is okay even when it feels like every thing is out of control.

I'm grateful that I have a close friend who is pregnant on the same time line as me. It is so freakin' helpful to have one person who actually knows how it feels to go through the hormonal ups and downs and is experiencing it NOW. This alone is worth the price of admission - believe me, it is more helpful than you will ever know.

I am grateful that I live close to beautiful natural places that help me get closer to GOD and feel more grounded.

I am grateful that I am sometimes able to take a step back and remember that I am preparing for (and going through) a huge change and it is normal to feel out of control and at times ambivalent. No matter how great the "joys of motherhood" may be, the road to get there is difficult. I feel like I am churning around in an immense dark whirlpool and am being slowly sucked down and squeezed out a tiny tunnel to emerge into a new life that is unknown to me at this time. And I have no idea if I'm ready for it. All I can say is it's scary as hell and this is all NORMAL...

I'm grateful to have some positive reinforcement that my current experience is NORMAL. From here on out, if I seem to be acting crazy, please remind me that THIS IS NORMAL and help me to embrace my crazy lady because she is the mother emerging from the me you know now.

I'm grateful no one said anything stupid to me today.

I am grateful that I remember that sometimes people's reactions have a lot more to do with them than me.

No comments: