Friday, May 25, 2007

Me encanta Bolivia

Estoy aqui en Bolivia y es fantastico!

I am grateful I arrived safely.

I´m grateful for the generosity of the people here. We are staying in downtown La Paz and it is the most tranquil vibe for a large city. The people are beautiful and friendly and helpful and I love them all.

I´m exceptionally grateful that they eat lots of vegetables in Bolivia! This makes me so happy...

I´m grateful to be learning about another culture - there are two indiginous populations here, the Aymara & the Quechua. Our guides, Rosemary and Brisa, are teaching us so much - new languages and the spiritual beliefs. It is amazing and profound.

I´m grateful for meeting Pachamama, the Earth Mother. They say here that the earth comes first and humans come second and it really feels like people have a different respect for nature and the environment here. It seems to make a big difference.

What else? Grateful for our group and hope tonight I can sleep the whole night through. I feel so grateful for everything that is happening right now, it´s too much to put in words...I can´t wait to post some pictures! But that will have to wait until I return.

No comments: