Friday, September 21, 2007

Disappointed

So I was at a funeral for a friend's 18 year old son and I was telling her about this blog and how I found it so cathartic, inspiring and fruitful for my psyche. How disappointing it is that it has lost its momentum. See, in this tragedy the one thing that comes through is how important those small everyday moments with loved ones truly are. When things were down for me I could either post or just read and remember my graces and appreciate some of the "inconsequential" events of my day and my interactions and it really helped with my perspective by slowing me down in a world that spins out of control much of the time.

I am grateful for community and seeing the difference belonging to a community can make in our lives

I am grateful for friends that put aside differences to support and respect the things that really matter

I am grateful for laughter, easing the tension and supplying respite from pain

the small touch, embrace or what have you that lets you know that people care for you and will watch your back

Meeting new people and keeping an open mind thus allowing for greater joy and compassion to enter my heart

2 comments:

Rad8love said...

yeah - my public posts definitely lost momentum of late, prior to my trip and not having access to computers - which turned out to be rather liberating. I have however been writing them privately in my journal and that has felt good to me.

It's a shame that something that started out as a positive, sharing practice for me began to turn into something else, so I decided to take a break from it.

Now I am back.

Manomet said...

Regardless, thank you for creating the routine of gratefulness in my life. Regardless of this blogs existence, the very act had become more forthcoming from me and I hope others. Being appreciative is greater part of my world today and I thank you for that.