Tuesday, July 17, 2007


I am grateful for a full night of uninterrupted sleep! I thought about waking up at 4:11am to "fire the grid" based on all those new-agey emails I received, claiming that if everyone thought good thoughts at exactly the same time, we'd be able to reprogram the course of the Earth's history...


It's selfish, I know, but sleeping was more important than waking up at 4:11am because some lady in Iowa who had an after death experience said to. It's a noble sentiment and an interesting experiment in the power of prayer, which I believe in but...how is it any different than some religious leader telling people not to have sex before marriage - PUL-LEASE. You know that doesn't work for me! :-) Bad example but I don't have any coffee today so, that's all you get.


She also said that all you have to do to "fire the grid" is enjoy your time as a "spirit-being on Earth" and be present for everything you do. I try to do that every day so doesn't that count for something? And why the hell do I need to rationalize good sleep? Christ knows I need to claim as much of that as I can NOW.


Let me start again. I am grateful for:
  • an uninterrupted night of sleep - yes, it's worth repeating!
  • the pimple in my left ear is going away!
  • all of the people who tell me I can create my life exactly the way I want it - now I just need the time (yes, I need time) and energy to figure it out. Maybe sleeping more will help!
  • I like not having to make my own breakfast - especially when it's ready exactly when I want it the most. Unfortunately that is not the case today but sometimes I feel more grateful for things when they are gone. Like, do you ever know it's the last time you will see someone if for instance, they die? Or you get into a big fight and never speak to each other again? Or whatever? For me, that is the time that I kick myself and say, "Wow, I should have been more grateful for that when I had it." I guess that's the point of this whole practice...
  • I am grateful for my HAL9000 mind. Most of you won't understand what I'm talking about but I do and that's all that matters right now. If you want more info, watch 2001 A Space Odyssey - or is that Oddity? I've got to start a new web site so my commentary doesn't spill over into my grace. But, no one reads this anymore except for three people so...ha! You are my captives.
Now I have to go and make my breakfast - fast is the key word. See ya!

No comments: