Friday, May 18, 2007

TGIF

I made a commitment 9 months ago to read 100 palms by June. I have a month left and 60 palms to go but I'm going out of the country. Will I do it? I'm disappointed that I haven't and it doesn't feel important anymore. I'm ready for the class to be done and feel like I haven't done the work.

I feel like a kid who can't wait for summer vacation but I'm going to find out at the last minute that I failed gym, or The Political Economy of Peasant Societies, and have to take it over during summer school. Yes, this has happened before, more than once. But now I'm an adult so I can do whatever I want! Including being disappointed in myself for not doing what I said I'd do. I'm grateful for that - being an adult.

  • I'm grateful for all of the time I've spent getting to know my palmistry mentor, Dee. She is awesome, I love her and hope we stay in contact when this is through.
  • I'm grateful that I've finally finished allergy treatments and that it seems to have worked - now I just need to hang around with some cats to put myself to the true test.
  • I'm grateful for barbecued ribs.
  • I'm grateful I got to talk to Casey yesterday (and that I'm an only child!).
  • I'm grateful for all of the opportunities I have to learn how to communicate and especially grateful that I feel less stress the more I do it.

No comments: