Tuesday, May 8, 2007

An ode to heat

  • I am grateful for the heatwave in San Francisco - I love seeing every one pull out their skimpy summer clothes on a 90 degree day.
  • I am grateful that I have been able to wear my summer clothes this week! I'm grateful for hot days spent at Stinson beach.
  • I'm grateful it was hot enough to wear a bathing suit and not look like an idiot and that my tan has officially been started.
  • I'm grateful I didn't get burned.
  • I'm grateful for meeting friends of friends.
  • I'm grateful I got to talk with Roberta's mother today - I love her.
  • I'm grateful for this warm night with a cool breeze which is propelling me out to find my arch enemy - ice cream.


How can I not have ice cream with this hot spell? OK - yes it is possible to not succumb to my urge but I don't know how long the heat will last and this will allow me to properly appreciate it after having a poor substitute last night. Isn't that what life is all about - appreciating the small stuff while you can because it can all change in a flash.

I met someone today who had two friends die in the span of the last couple of days: one was completely unexpected, a weird illness, and the other was a suicide, also unexpected. Both were only 38 years old...

I'm so happy to be alive.

Addendum: The fog has crept in...ice cream weather is gone...

No comments: