Friday, April 6, 2007

Mo' Better Friday

This time last year I was in Antigua, Guatemala. I had stayed up all night on Holy Thursday, watching people all over the city creating Alfombras through out the night for the Good Friday processions.



The people work all night creating the alfombras and the processions trample them in the early morning. It is an amazing thing to witness. It completely took my mind off the Easter anniversary of my dad's death.


I am so grateful I got to be in such an amazing place with beautiful and generous people during Semana Santa!

Today I am also grateful that my eyes are back to normal - no more puffiness or flaking.

I'm grateful that my stomach is starting to feel better!

I'm grateful for all of the wonderful things to do in the Bay Area. Someone recently said to me, "If you can't have fun here, there's a problem." I am grateful for the plenty in my city by the Bay.

And I'm grateful for quiet times.

No comments: