Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lifecycles

I often cry at the thought of not having any children...other times I am grateful for the freedom that provides. Today I have such a mixture of emotions not only b/c of the VA Tech carnage but because a dear friend lost her nephew in a car accident Monday night. I cannot imagine the pain, but it hurts so to just be on the periphery of such pain. The world is crazy these days and the life of a parent is so full of worry and angst - neverending because they remain your children forever.

I am thankful for birth control; for those willing to take on the responsibility and challenge of raising another human being; for those conscientious enough to really consider the ramifications of such a decision prior to the heat of the moment; for lifelines developed over time among friends and family; for the beauty of the web of life in both its signature birth and inevitable death.

1 comment:

Rad8love said...

Wow baby - you don't write often but when you do it packs a punch! I'm grateful that you decided to express yourself to us today!