Sunday, March 4, 2007

Tonight I am grateful for many things. First, the Ricki Lee Jones concert this morning was nothing short of inspirational. I've never had much experience with her music and haven't been super impressed by her in the past, but I loved her! She was such a character. She and the band were tired from last night's show and she had on these 5 inch stilletto black stripper boots that were worth the price of admission. She told lots of cool stories and it was all very relaxed and we were in the front row of a room that held about 30. It was just the coolest thing! And the music was interesting and moving - I guess her new album is all about Jesus Christ and the bible according to a book called The Words. It was an interesting, arty, RickieLeeJonesy take on the whole thing. More than you need to know but, I'm extrememly grateful for the whole experience.

I'm grateful for getting turned on to new things!

Hell, I'll just copy Willow and say I'm grateful for all life.

I'm grateful for herbs and spices.

I'm grateful that I have plants in my space.

I'm grateful for people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.